Blueridge BR-160 Historic Series Dreadnought Guitar
This pre-war inspired "Herringbone" dreadnought has it all. The BR-160's great sound and great looks are just part of what will make it one of the more desirable vintage-style acoustic guitars in production today. It starts with a solid Sitka spruce top and hand-carved parabolic top braces that respect the prewar forward X-pattern. Indian rosewood back and sides add a strong bass to the spruce top's already full sound. The slim mahogany neck is comfortable and features a dovetail neck joint and adjustable truss rod. Beautiful appointments include a Dalmation style pickguard and mother-of-pearl neck and headstock inlays.
Blueridge is an offshoot of the South San Francisco-based Saga Musical Instrument Company. Blueridge specializes in "traditional" guitars that offer today's player vintage styling with modern performance at a level of quality and price that compares favorably to historic guitars. Each instrument is the result of detailed research and is carefully crafted at the Blueridge factory. Consistency is evident throughout, from the fretwork to the intricate inlays that adorn each Blueridge headstock.
- Select, solid Sitka spruce top with hand-carved parabolic top braces in authentic prewar forward X-pattern
- Solid Indian rosewood back and sides with center strip of delicate wood marquetry
- White body binding with delicate herringbone inlay around top
- Slim mahogany neck with dovetail neck joint and adjustable truss rod
- Rosewood bridge and bridge plate
- Rosewood peghead overlay adorned with a unique mother-of-pearl and abalone design
- Saga's exclusive Dalmatian style pickguard
- Natural high-gloss finish with aged toner
- Accurate vintage-style 14:1 ratio nickel-plated open-back tuners with butterbean-style buttons
- Nut and saddle are made from bone
- Case sold separately