Michael Kelly Legacy F-Style Mandolin Black Out Finish
A special mandolin that bucks trends visually while staying true to it's tonal roots.
The Legacy Black Out is the benchmark instrument from Michael Kelly, the culmination of fifteen years of inspiration since their first unique take on the F-style mandolin. From its exotic woods to special inlays its part of a new trail their luthiers have blazed. The foundation of all that, however, is still in its sound. Using classic building techniques and craftsmanship the Legacy delivers that vintage mando tone in what is a very modern package.
The Legacy features the tonewood coupling of a solid hand-carved spruce top and solid hand-carved flame maple body with 3-ply binding and a dovetail construction. The neck is North American rock maple with a radiused rosewood fingerboard for a well-balanced tone that ls consistent whether you are chopping or fingerpicking.
- Body type: F-Style Mandolin
- Cutaway: Single-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid hand-carved spruce
- Back & sides: Solid hand-carved flame maple
- Body finish: Black Out
- Orientation: Right handed
- Nut width: 28.6
- Fingerboard: Radiused Rosewood
- Neck wood: North American rock maple
- Scale length: 13-7/8"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Black Out
- Tuning machines: Grover
- Bridge: Radiused Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Standard ABS
- Number of strings: 8-string