Yamaha FG3 Red Label Western Acoustic Guitar Vintage Tint w/ Travel Case
The FG heritage extends back to the 1966 release of the FG180, the first production acoustic guitar by Yamaha. In the more than half-century since, we have balanced traditional guitar craft with a spirit of constant refinement, pursuing our vision of the ideal folk guitar.
Classic V-Shaped Headstock: The guitar retains the original FG headstock shape, adorned with the iconic "tuning fork" logo. The traditional truss rod cover is emblazoned with "Since 1966" to mark the launch of the first FG models.
Solid Sitka Spruce Top: Commonly sourced from Canada and Alaska, solid Sitka spruce offers a rich midrange and low-frequency response. The sound is tight and focused, working particularly well for chordal strumming or rhythmic fingerstyle performance.
Solid Mahogany Back and Sides: Mahogany has a slower transient response than many other tonewoods, contributing to a warm and woody tone with strong midrange.
Bone Nut and Saddle: The Made-in-Japan 5-tier instruments feature a bone nut and saddle. Bone is a harder material than urea, providing a more efficient transfer of energy from the strings to the neck and body. The result is a louder and clearer sound.
New Scalloped Bracing: In defining the sound of FG Red Label, our intention was to offer a warm tone that would be ideal for modern folk music and singer-songwriters. With careful measurement and experimentation, we made several refinements that would enhance low-frequency response without compromising durability. These changes are optimized for the natural characteristics of the tonewoods and for each body silhouette.
- Acoustic Resonance Enhancement: Exclusive Yamaha Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E.) uses heat, humidity and atmospheric pressure to accelerate the aging of the wood. The A.R.E. process gives the instrument a rich, vintage-quality tone, producing a sound as if you’ve been playing it for years.
- Body Shape: Traditional Western
- Scale Length: 634 mm (25”)
- Body Length: 505 mm (19 7/8")
- Total Length: 1029 mm (40 1/2")
- Body Width: 412 mm (16 1/4")
- Body Depth: 100-118 mm (3 15/16”- 4 5/8”)
- Nut Width: 44 mm (1 3/4”)
- String Spacing: 11 mm
- Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: Solid Mahogany
- Side Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Material: African Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: R400 mm (15 3/4")
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut Material: Urea
- Saddle Material: Urea
- Bridge Pins: Black ABS with White Dot
- Tuners: Open Gear Chrome(Y1D)
- Body Binding: Black + White
- Soundhole Inlay: Black + White
- Pickguard: Black
- Body Finish: Semi-Gloss
- Neck Finish: Matte
- Electronics: None
- Controls: None
- Connections: None
- Strings: Elixir NANOWEB 80/20 Bronze Light
- Accessories: Hex Wrench
- Case: Hard Bag